Saturday, August 04, 2012

That Mastin kid...



So I assume you've heard of Reece Mastin, he's that kid who won X Factor Aus or whatever and kinda looks and/or sings like a girl. 

He's basically the Justin Beiber of Australia except I have so much less respect for this kid.  



However, the reason why I'm even writing about him is he "sings" (/howls) a song called "Shut Up an Kiss Me" and I LOVE it while simultaneously hating myself for that fact. This is different to how I hate myself for loving Pitbull, whose songs/general demeanour just make me cringe and feel insulted. 

This is the kinda of hate where I know that as a member of the previously mentioned post-teeny-bopper generation I cannot, in good conscience, like this guy. I can at least justify my love of One Direction by the fact that I want those boys naked, if nothing else. I am not, however, attracted to Reece Mastin in any way shape or form coz he kinda looks like a girl and I'm not into that which leaves me with no justification, however shallow, for liking so I must, alas, hang my head in shame because I am so so so addicted to this song.


I will leave you with the audio and accompanying lyrics in case you can't decipher the "singing" instead of the official video clip to spare you from actually looking at this kid too much.

After watching the video I've come to realise that you do actually see pictures of him and for that I apologise.

Also, upon reading over this post I kind of sort of noticed it came out quite bitchy and demeaning and just generally harsh and I did not mean it in that way. Reece Mastin has been relatively successful in his chosen career and he is young so more power to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment