Monday, August 20, 2012

Day 8 - Someone That Fascinates You and Why?

Jeez, this one was not easy. Ever since we compiled our 30 day challenge list I've felt like I've had this person in the back of my mind, on the edge of my tongue only I couldn't for the life of me remember/figure out who it was.

In light of having no IDEA who this person is, I've had to chose another one.

My reason for fascination is the invention of language - I'm not saying i'm inspired by whats-his-face who created (stole form half a dozen European languages) English I'm more inspired by the likes of Christoper R. Tolkein (author of The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings) and Christopher Paoloini (author of the Eragon books). I just...they freaking created languages, let alone worlds, with spelling and grammatical rules (less so Paoloini but he was nigh on 17 when he wrote Eragon or something).
It just kind of fascinates me...I want to be a writer, I want to write some great novel/series whatever and I've always been intrigued by the genre of fantasy but I couldn't even imagine creating my own world, let alone a world in which my characters actively converse in languages unknown.

So, lo and behold, the ZoHan bloggers are fascinated by authors, whoda thunk it.

No comments:

Post a Comment