Monday, August 13, 2012

For the first time in a long time I feel i don't need anything. I go where life takes me, and at the moment it's fairly good. The band i play in is finally getting somewhere. We are getting auditions with the prospect of earning some good paying gigs. For a while i had been complaining about trying to find a job, trying to find something to fit into my uni timetable. I didn't have any urgent debts to pay off, my parents are fairly supportive. I landed myself in a pretty shitty job, working at a lil pizza/crepe hut at uni... until they changed bosses and i wasn't given any shifts. I don't think i have ever though of anyone as a c*** until that point. It wasn't that i wasn't getting any work (the place was dodgy paying in cash etc) but it was the way she went about it that made me angry. I asked if i had any shifts and she would say "we'll see." And that was it. But life moves on and a week later i got myself into a new job. Mum works at a primary school in the office and when she heard that they needed someone to help out at the after school care she put in my name. Its only a casual job, filling in when needed, but its good money, nice people, fun job, close to home, easy hours. Some weeks i don't work, others i do. And because of it i actually got around to doing my first aid course. Uni is great at the moment, most my subjects are interesting, i have friends there, friends from high school, my band girls, and friends i've met on the way. Things are pretty swell. I dont have any plan on where i will end up, with music, with uni, with my job, but for the moment;  Everything is balanced.
Tune in within the next 23 hours for the 30 day challenge post #1

No comments:

Post a Comment