Wednesday, August 15, 2012

On the third day...


Favourite Character. It depends on what I’m reading I suppose. When I was reading Harry Potter I loved Harry, when I was reading the Night Angel Trilogy I really liked Kyler, when I read the Obernewtyn chronicles I really liked Elspeth and of course the dark humour inside of me made me love Dexter…. I have to really like the main character of a book to enjoy it. To pick a favourite would be hard but I will have to say that the characters in the tomorrow series were my favourites, especially Ellie. It’s written from first person and so John Marsden was able to create a character with a lot of depth. I felt I empathized with Ellie a lot. She thinks in the same way that I would but with a lot more bravery. She’s the kickass, rough country girl with creativity and leadership. She’s not perfect; she’s stubborn,  she has her selfish moments and there are times of weakness. It was the adventure of my early teen years. I read the series when I was in year 8. I would borrow them from the school library and stay up all night reading them. It was a series packed with action, but not lacking morals, sprinkled with a little bit of romance. If it wasn't for this series I’d probably be the girl who read a couple of books and the Harry Potter series and that's it.  If you asked me tomorrow I may have another favourite character. It may be the dark night’s joker or even Bellatrix….

No comments:

Post a Comment