Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Dear Ed Sheeran, Welcome to the Hall of Epic


I’ve been in a strange mood lately and I’ve had a single playlist of 21 songs on repeat for 2 weeks straight, racking up a good 15 goes through which, considering I only listen to music when I’m in the car or walking around Uni, is pretty good.
This playlist consists of all of my Ed Sheeran, James Morrison, Gavin DeGraw, two One Direction songs and one from Jimmy Eat World.

1. Drunk – Ed Sheeran
2. U.N.I. – Ed Sheeran
3. Grade 8 – Ed Sheeran
4. Wake Me Up – Ed Sheeran
5. Small Bump – Ed Sheeran
6. This – Ed Sheeran
7. The City – Ed Sheeran
8. Lego House – Ed Sheeran
9. You Need Me, I Don’t Need You – Ed Sheeran
10. Kiss Me – Ed Sheeran
11. Give Me Love – Ed Sheeran
12. Chariot – Gavin DeGraw
13. Not Over You – Gavin DeGraw
14. I’m In Love With a Girl – Gavin DeGraw
15. I Don’t Wanna Be – Gavin DeGraw
16. I Won’t Let You Go – James Morrison
17. You Give Me Something  - James Morrison
18. Broken Strings – James Morrison (ft. Nelly Furtado)
19. Hear You Me – Jimmy Eat World
20. Moments – One Direction
21. More Than This (live) – One Direction

I can’t explain why I love this single playlist so much, I’m just in love with Ed Sheeran’s song writing (hence why 1D is in there, he wrote Moments, as for More Than This – I just love the live version). Small Bump, Give Me Love, Kiss Me, This – they’re all just…awesome. I can’t explain my feelings for Ed Sheeran’s amazingness. Give him a listen guys, he’s beautiful.
He’s more than just lovey-dovey depresso crap too though, he’s kind of…satirical too when in Give Me Love there’s the line “The say I’m up and coming like I’m fucking in an elevator.”
Admittedly, he threw me in Wake Me Up when he starts going on about how he’s never owned a Blu-Ray but apart from that he’s kind of…epic. And you all should know that, despite overusing that word, in its true sense I only reserve 'Epic' for a select few and I think Ed Sheeran is one of them. Welcome to the hall of Epic.

I Won’t Let You Go is one of mine and BFFL’s songs and every time I listen I think of her and how we sung it loudly (and badly) in the car on our last “roadtrip.” James Morrison has a beautiful voice and lyrics as well.

And Hear You Me by Jimmy Eat World is possibly the single most heart breaking song ever, “a song for a heart so big//God couldn’t let it live.”

No comments:

Post a Comment