Sunday, August 26, 2012

Day 14 - How the First Boyfriend Asked You Out


'Au début j’ai commencé d’écrire ce post en français, pour deuz raisons
1) je ne parle souvent le français et je voulais pratiquer
2) j’étais dans une lecture de couture italienne et je ne voulais pas d’autres lire ce que j’ai ecrit.
Chaque foie que je pense de mon ‘ex’ petit copain, je pense de la chanson laquelle va “A long time ago, we used to be friends, but I haven’t thought of you lately at all” pour la premier part, c’est vrai. D’autre fois, nous étions les meilleurs des amis, quant à la deuxième partie…en réalité, malheureusement, je lui pense assez souvent. Cependant, il était mon premier ‘amour’ et le seul petit copain de ma vie (pour le moment) alors a mon avis, c’est d’accord que je lui pense.
Donc « comment est-ce que mon premier petit copain me demande de sortir avec lui ? »
D’accord, il était un de mes meilleurs amis alors nous...'

To start with, (as you can see above) I originally wrote this post in French – for two reasons
1) I dont often speak French and I wanted to practice
2) I was in my italian culture lecture and I didnt want anyone to read what I was writing.

Each time i think about my ex-boyfriend, i think of the song which goes "A long time ago, we used to be friends but I havent thought of you lately at all" for the first part, it is resoundingly true. Once upon a time, we were best friends. As for the second part…in reality, unfortunately, I think of him quite often. However, he was my first "love" and the only boyfriend I’ve ever had (so far) so I think it’s okay that I think of him from time to time.
Okay, "how did my first boyfriend ask me out ?" Just BTW - why do you assume HE asked ME? It could've been a Sadie Hawkins Dance type thing.

Anyway, he was one of my best friends so we used to talk all the time - MSN(remember MSN everyone? - awww the good old days!), texting, calling sometimes even, you name it. Anyway one night after months and months of OTT flirting and "are you guys going out yet"s my best friend nudged me into asking him out. However, in my subtle I-dont-want-to-be-too-out-there-in-case-he-says-no (which there was like zero chance of anyway) way, the meaning of my curveball of an ask-out went straight over his head because, bless him, but he wasn't always the brightest spark when it came to stuff like that so a few minutes later he asked me out instead and hey presto! Zoe got herself her first boyfriend. 
We had 4ish lovely months together before the fighting started in earnest and we spent the next 2 months having a Katy Perry-esque time of fighting and breaking up, kissing and making up until he got a new girlfriend and pretty much broke my poor 13 year old heart.

The End.

P.S. it was at 8:13pm on Monday 20th February 2006.
And it's not creepy I know the exact time because MSN used to time stamp everything for you! However it is probably creepy I still remember all that...but it's the only anniversary I've ever had to remember so...

No comments:

Post a Comment