Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Favourites day 10

Comedian (this is a bit of a long one sorry):


It would have to be a draw between Australian comedy duo Lano and Woodley (now no longer together L ) and Ricky Gervais. SO for this i will pick the duo to talk about. I’ve seen most of their material and quote them all the time.
Lano (colin lane) and Woodley (Frank Woodley) had personas that my friend and I quote all the time, Lano was the bossy ignorant character and Woodley was the clumsy goofball. They had a tv program and a few stage shows and I wish I could have seen them live before they parted ways. Their routines weren’t offensive in any way, more mr bean skit funny. Like most people would say, Woodley was my favourite. I saw Frank Woodley live a year ago and although he was great I’d have to say that what made Woodley so fun to watch was having Lano there to compliment him.

Here’s a few quotes:

Col: You’re so dumb… you’re such an idiot… you’re so...so...stupendous!
Frank: um...I don’t think you know what that word means...
Col: I do know what it means, and you’re just jealous... because im so much better, because im so great, because im so, so...superfluous!!

Col- Hi we’re looking for a scary video
Video Guy- What about Silence Of The Lambs?
Col- Nah we’re not really into nature films

Frank: Sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will only cause permanent psychological damage

Frank: Come on, Col! You’re making a mountain out of a... very big
hill.

Colin: If all the village idiots, from all the villages, left their
  villages, and made their own village, of idiots. In that village,
  you would be the village idiot.

C: [into the phone] …yeah, look uh I’m wanting to get an extra key cut for her so she can let herself in? … Yeah I can’t come down at the moment so this is what the key looks like…it goes along a bit, then down, then across, then down, then along, then up and down, then along, and up down, across, up, down and then to a point.

C: You stole my imaginary girlfriend! 
F: Well I don’t know Col, maybe next time you make somebody up, you should make up somebody…who likes you.

Band
The only other band who i have loved as much as Metric is Florence and the Machine. Every song ticks boxes, not just the single. I love noise and any music i can listen to loudly and pick out different sounds every time i hear them wins a tick of approval. I've seen them both live and they are amazing. Being different types of music i can't really pick, But at the moment I'm in a Metric phase.

Teacher
I have had so many good teachers over the years. My Japanese teacher was so much fun and we could talk to her about anything. My visual arts teacher put a lot of hours into helping us complete our folios and brought us food... but as a Uni student a lot of my respect has to go to my physiology Lecturer Jan. She really cares about us doing well and she is always looking for ways to improve the quality of learning. She comes along to our practical sessions and makes sure that we aren't lost, asks questions and challenges our thinking. This semester she threw away the old method of learning. Rather than having proper lectures in the lecture slots she edits last years lectures and puts them online and turns the lecture into a class where we can ask questions and she can discuss topics we are having trouble with, and works through questions with us that we can apply our knowledge to. Since most people only watch lectures online and 1/3 turn up to lectures anyway its a really great idea. She puts up worksheets online...anything that will help us. She doesn't force us to do anything, the only compulsory thing being pracs. Whenever we have a bad lecturer we just quote "if only jan taught this unit."

Colour
 I don't have a favourite colour. I just like colours mixed together and textures, like eyes. Black can be a colour. You have different types of blacks, blue based, red based... 

Number
24 maybe. I just don't like the number 5...unless of course it ends with a few 0s on the end and it's written on my bank statement....

Season
Summer hands down. I hate the cold, I love the beach, Spring=hayfever Autumn=getting cold/reminder that winters about to take over. Summer=perfect

Names
I love the old names, Leonardo and names like Jasmine and Rose, Summer, Winter. I mean i would never call my child Horatio or anything, though i joke that i would. 

Flower
I don't really have one. I like cherry blossoms and white Lilies.

Animal
Since taking a vertebrate anatomy subject this semester I think cheetahs take the lead on my favourite animal. The fastest animal. Their tail acts like a rudder allowing them to make sharp turns. Their scapula isn't attatched allowing them to extend their limbs further to extend their gait. They have a spine that undulates, a streamline body and a high success rate when hunting. They have a smaller gene pool because of inbreeding at a time they came close to extinction....and of course they are pretty cute.

Author
Isobelle Carmody. Her imagination equals JK's and I love getting lost in her works.

Food
My mothers quiche hands down. No one else's.  It takes a little while to make so it's a rare treat in my household. 

Book
So hard to pick. I did love the Night Angel Books like Zoe did and i haven't read them for a while, and HP books were amazing, as was TWTWB. But I feel I have talked about those to much. I read a book called Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta a while ago that was very pretty, sad, happy. Take a look. I'm probably to old to reread it again and love it the same way.

TV
I love Modern Family, Dexter and How I Met Your Mother. We have them on dvd and I watch every episode over and over. I understand the humour of MF, I love the suspense of Dexter and if you watch HIMYM in order its even better because there are so many on running jokes.

Movie
I am meant to choose one??? That is impossible. I have to say a list; Death at a Funeral, The Boat that Rocked, Inception, TWTWB, Juno. It's mostly english humor, amazing special effects or book-movie obsessions.

Actress
I really like Emma Watson. She's beautiful, she's smart, she's talented, she's english.

Artist
This was much easier than i thought it would be. Ron Mueck. Australian Hyper-Realist. From small sculptures to large. I just look at his work and say how? I saw his exhibition at the NGV I cant explain his wok so I'll just show you.
This looks lifelike but the women are actually the size of infants...the expressions on the faces are so realistic. There is the tone of flushed cheeks, the wrinkles, the pores in the skin...

No that isn't creative photographing...that is a giant woman under a giant doona.

Stubble, he even manages stubble. Best exhibition i have ever been to. Mueck is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment