Friday, August 10, 2012

Crankin' out the CCR


As a 19 year old green P-plater I don’t really feel that Creedence Clearwater Revival is appropriate blaring music, however, after the day I’ve had…if CCR makes me feel even marginally better, I’ll listen to CCR.

Why did today suck? It started off quite well actually, I got a massage which was nice, apart from the fact it was at 9:30 which resulted in my getting up before my requisite double digits but overall massages are nice and getting up early gave me plenty of time to do my assignment that was due at 5. Wrong. I don’t know how I managed to almost fail at writing 500 words in 6 hours and the 500 words I did manage in what was plenty of time were more than likely complete and utter rubbish.
But okay, my assignment was not my bitch, I’m the least motivated I can ever remember being, whatever, tomorrow’s a new day, not the end of the world.
But then I played…or well, I can’t even say “played” I participated in the worst basketball game in the history of forever. I can’t even…just nothing. There is nothing to say. It was shocking. We played horrifically. Said game left me in the kind of mood where I wasn’t sad exactly, so I couldn’t cry, I wasn’t really frustrated so I couldn’t scream I was just…nothing. I was in the kind of mood where I just wanted to drive. Fast. But it was raining, making going 40ks over the limit potentially dangerous and I could just imagine the conversation with my mother when I had to explain how I crashed into a tree and why I was going so fast in the wet. Normally, something sucks, I come home and do something fun, tonight I didn’t even want to make myself feel better it was that bad. 

On my way home I tried to think of some song in my repertoire of over 2,500 songs that would suit this moment or make me feel better or make me feel anything but I could not think of anything. So I just chucked the thing on shuffle and skipped any songs that were “too happy.”

Then came Bad Moon Rising and as soon as I turned it up, I felt just a tiny little smidge better. I can't tell you why it made me feel any better but I listened to that song on repeat, up so loud I couldn’t hear anything else.

One good thing did come out of today, I ran into the BFFL at the supermarket pretty much right when I really needed a hug so that was nice.

Well, tomorrow’s a brand new day, here’s to that.                

No comments:

Post a Comment