Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Favourite Quote....day 2

I cant remember exactly how it went... something like "Judge a person's character not by how they treat their superiors, but by how they treat their inferiors" It's simple, and I don't read much literature so I haven't many romantic or beautiful quotes up my sleeve. I even think that one may have been in Harry Potter. Or was it Othello? Or maybe even the Colour Purple? (the only thing i can remember about that book is that i read it) Dumbledore probably said it. Its not really a quote, more of a moral, but it has stuck with me and made me think more than any 'to be or not to be.' People aim to climb up the ladder, whether it be a social one, or one in the workplace. From the top of the ladder you see hands reaching out to you. You may help people up, but you may not see that the people you are helping up are trying to push others further down and off the ladder with their feet. Take a look at the way a person treats others and don't be blindsided by how they treat you, because one day there may be greener grass.

1 comment:

  1. It's from Harry Potter - Sirius Black said it to Ron in GoF I think.
    Not that I'm a Harry Potter nerd or anything....

    ReplyDelete