Sunday, August 19, 2012

Day 7 ... finally found my iPod!


1 Sweet Thing- Spider
I haven’t heard this song before but I’ve been meaning to because I likewhat I have heard of them so far. Crunchy tunes with heavy choruses. When  I say heavy I don't mean screaming I mean a more full sounds. The have guitars and synth which is a combo we have in my band and I love.
2 Sex Bob-Omb - We Are Sex Bob-Omb
I have to say I love this song. It’s from the movie Scott Pilgrim VS the World. I LOVE the soundtrack and it played a role in developing my love for metric. This song is pretty much distorted guitar with a fun pulse. It was a great song for the movies introduction.
3 Pulled Apart By Horses- V.E.N.O.M
I know I have said I don't really like screaming in music, but this type is an exception. It’s kind of like ACDC yelling. I didn't even know I had this song on my iPod, but I’ve been hearing it on triple J quite a bit and I like it. My friend gave my some Indie Rock playlists and I’ve slowly been going through them finding a few surprises. I don’t really know what to say about this song but that I like it, but know I could get sick of it quite quickly.
4 Little Red – Lazy Boy
Another song I haven’t listened to until now…I recently got all these albums from bands that I have liked on the radio and haven’t yet gotten around to listening to them. There’s a bit of funky brass in this song.
5 Arcade Fire – Brazil
Another unknown. I liked their recent album suburbs that shocked all the Beiber and Gaga fans out there by taking out the Grammy Award…they hadn’t even heard of the band. It’s great to know that awards can go not just hugely popular music, but great quality music. This song is from an earlier album. A mix of sounds, a fun bit of piano at the end..a bit of randomness.
6 Mumford And Sons – Winter Winds
You may know Little Lion Man….same artist. Ukulele guitar….such a unique sounds and voice. I’m not as familiar with this song as others on the Album. Its one of their more upbeat songs.
7 Shiney Toy Guns – Le Disko
This song was on a car advertisement I’m quite sure. It’s full of synth, a catchy line “We’re gonna ride the race cars “ A bit of a party tune really. It's a if you loved Ladyhawke song.
8 The Shins – Simple Song
Like so many songs on my iPod this song suits a roadtrip along the coast in summer.
9 Florence and the Machine – Shake it Out
I love Florence. I saw her live two years ago….and wow. She has such a strong voice, such presence on stage. This is one of my favourites from the new album Ceremonials. Her most famous song is You Got the Love. She makes such amazing music, she has a harp in her machine which you don't see very often.
10 Blud – Sarah is for Lovers
This is a song that was nominated for triple J’s hottest 100. Unfortunately for them it was the same year that Stonefield entered. But I really like this tune, half because I have an almost identical synth sound on my keyboard. The voice sounds very familiar and I keep thinking of the Scissor Sisters when I hear it. The song is mostly the same tune repeated with a different mix of sounds through the whole song. Gotta love it.

So there’s 10 songs off my iPod. I was a it disappointed Metric didn't turn up on there since I have so many songs of theirs, but oh well. Take a listen, they're pretty cool tunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment