Wednesday, August 22, 2012

day what now?

So the inevitable has happened...i misplaced the sheet the sheet with all the song titles on it and lets face it...i can't be bothered googling all the names. I think i left it at dads.... So i want to go through the songs Randomly and describe what i think of them and ZO can guess which one is which by my description/thoughts on each song...otherwise i'll just edit this post later...
I also want to post that the reason I gave Zoe the CD was to show her what "off the beaten track" was because she said the Alex day song was different. So there were 1 or 2 songs that I didn't like as much, including the "crow" one. I wish i could have remade it because i have this new fav song i wanted Zo to listen to. Little Talks by Of Monsters and Men.

A
This is a duet. In a way I love it because of the movie its in, but i know that if I heard this song for the first time now I wouldn't like it. 

B
There is something I love about a solo voice and a piano. I never really listen to the lyrics of songs, but the way they are phrased, the way the music builds up, the rhythm. So i'm reaching the end of the song and i have decided i like it. A little strings have been used to help build it up, but I like how it has stuck with the piano rather than drowning the voice with computerised noises.

C
There is an Organ standing out in the background of this track that is reminding me of Napoleon Dynomite. From the tart of this song i didn't really get into it. I find it hard to get into slow slongs with deep voices. But deffs seems like a strange song coming from Zoe.

D
I usually hate nature sounds on CD, but I love this track. There is piano all through it and i am just sitting here trying to predict whats next. Im also warm in bed so rain sounds good. The piano is happy but with a touch of sadness. It doesn't really go anywhere. It just is.

All i have to say is that all i think about when i hear the song is how this artist died, even though its a song about love. And i think about grade two production when it was based on the genre and i had to dance with a boy to rock around the clock.

F
One artist that zoe and i seem to share in common. I love her voice, her creative lyrics, the tone of her piano, the slight slur in her voice at times, the random high syllable. UH OH!

G
This song I have known for a while. This is a new version of the song for a new cause. I love that artists as famous as they are are selfless enough to do this. I dot think this attempt worked as well as the first just due to illegal downloading and the outdated tune. I like it though.

H
I must say i prefer this type of pop. A lot of pop is very sexualised these days. It's refreshing listening to a song that talks about wanting love, about wanting something other than pointless sex. I like the piano guitar, bass drum, synth music. I like it for pop.

I
I ont know what to say about this song. I've said i like this artist already. Its not my favourite of all hers, not as likable as laughing with god or blue lips, but pretty, epic soundtrack quality string section.

J
At the start of this song I wasnt sure if it was a guy or gal... I dont know if this is an acoustic song or not, but i just dont feel much of a build up in it. 

K
I know this artist immediately. I dont know why but his voice really annoys me, its husky/heavy and i dont think its needs to be. I cant take it seriously. Sorry zoe.

L
I've noticed that a lot of these songs have a similar male voice to them; the kind of voice you want to serenade you. I think this guy is the same guy who sang that song with the line "angels will fly" I liked that song. Im not sure if I like this song to much. I kind of expected more from it when i heard the start.

M
So the start was like an orchestra warming up, and then it comes to a bit of rock/pop and to tell you the truth i really wanted to hear the Orchestra. There is a funny synth sound in this song i like and I think i just heard a key change. Not many artists choose to do that these days so kudos.

N
Haha a bit of hiphop/rap. Zoe's equivalent of Hilltop hoods. I like it.

O
I know this song. I like the prechorus in this song. The chorus has a cheesy jingle to it that you can just see him smiling when he is singing it. It could almost be on glee, he has added a lot of harmonies that are really cute. And there is this fun break down with vocals and a floor tom.

P
This one is a cover. I really like this cover, and maybe more than the original. I am just sitting here singing along.... I can see why Zoe likes this song.

Q
I've heard this song at every party that there was a handful of students that went on the French exchange trip.....Im sick of it to tell you the trip. Its never been a "classic" to me. But whenever its played i song along because its better than singing and listening to it....

R
The start of this song reminds me of a song from scott pilgrim for some reason. But no, its a duet cover, i like it, the people who sing it are so cute. Are they a couple or not? A nice last song.





2 comments:

  1. i could pick some of them but not all of them, so it kind of annoys me i don't knwo which songs (exactly) you DID like and which ones you didn't. Good on ya for misplacing the list doofus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you had listened to the lyrics more...that's kind of why I picked them.
    But I suppose I'm more word-based and you're more sound/musical-based

    ReplyDelete