Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Day 9 - Write About a CD the Other Has Made For You


Okay so about probably over a month ago now Han gave me a CD ‘cause I said I was too lazy to find my own “undiscovered” music and that’s why my interests were so mainstream.

1. In Retrospect - Battleships
I like the title…that’s pretty much it. It’s not bad, just not my thing.
2. Go Right Ahead – The Hives
I really really really like it. It’s bouncy and it reminds me of a band called OK GO which you might know the song ‘Invincible’ from She’s The Man.
3. The Weight of Love – Snow Patrol – I pretty much love anything from Snow Patrol on principle since they did Chasing Cars on Grey’s. It sounds kind of acoustic too which I like
4. Matchstick – American Rhapsody
Said something about a “rabbit hole” and “strawberry fields” – Alice and Wonderland and the Beatles. No go zones.
5. Witchcraft – Pendulum
I like the sound of this guys voice…he sounds hot. Tick.
6. Contagion Chemistry – You me at Six.
I like it. I’m 15 seconds in and I like it. It kind of reminds me of Motion City Soundtrack and Fall Out Boy and All American Rejects. It’s good.
7. Even Though I’m A Woman – Seeker Lover Keeper
Also kinda weird but more in a different kind of way, i quite like it, it reminds me of a lot of stuff by Regina Spektor with the lyrics and Florence and the Machine in the way it kind of has this ethereal other worldly feel to it.
8. All The Rowboats – Regina Spektor
I love Regina Spektor ‘nuff said.
9. RUMine – Arctic Monkeys
Never really got into the Arctic Monkeys…they’ve been around for a while…and I’m still king of meh. They remind me of the Gorrillaz who I never really liked much either.
10. Eclipse – Metric
Better not say anything horrible about Hannah’s favouritest band. From this CD, I get the kind of vibe Han like these…weird sounding ethereal/otherworldy kind of artisits/bands. Im neither for nor against this song…I like ‘Help I’m Alive’ but Metric better
11.  The Truth – Pnaus
Kinda weird/meh. I sort of have no real opinion. His voice annoys me.
12. Demons – Sleighbells
The title makes me laugh. A band called ‘Sleighbells’ and a song called Demons, lets get a little more incongruous shall we? It confuses me…coz it’s like chick punk/screamo...
13. Dirty Dancing – Boy Things
The start a bit weird…the guy sounds kinda like a crow for about 10 seconds. Then he starts singing and doesn’t really sound any better but it’s the kind of bad singing I like…if that makes sense. Its giving me 90s flashbacks though…to like OutKast and Hey-Ya
14. Heavy Ceiling – Said the Whale
I think I’ve heard of these guys before…either from Han or someone else. I like it. Weird lyrics…but good.
15. Ghost – Skip the Use
Has this kind of girl choir thing going on at the start then this guy comes in…I feel like parts of it would be really good on adds…especially Aussie adds.
16. Fragile Bird – City and Colour
Again weird…but not in a I-don’t-like-it-way this time..again with the ethereal/otherworldy thing. I like the instruments…I’m not quite good enough to pick them out…but I think they’re the thingys on the drumset (omg mental black) I want to say cymbals…but I’m pretty sure they’re the ones you crash together.
17. Panic Switch – Silver Pickups
Once we finally got to the singing part it just reminds me of how freaking Silverchair were when they were all grungy…which I liked but…you can only handly so much grunge.
18. Chase That Feeling – Hilltop Hoods
Not overly impressed by the Hilltop Hoods, i think we should leave the rapping to Eminem.
19. Secret – Lux Leopard
This sounds really familiar and I don’t know if it’s because I’ve had the CD for over a month or if because I’ve heard it before the CD. I kind of like it…not my favourite but I like it.
20. Velociraptor – Kasabian
Reminds me of the “this is a song about ping pong” song…
21. It All Began With a Burst – Kishi Bashi
First thought – this can’t possibly be English. Turns out it is. I’m not overly keen on the weird computerised music but I like the kind of beat.

Well, my favourite song, not including the ones by Snow Patrol and Regina Spektor who I already liked was probably Contagion Chemistry – You me at Six or Go Right Ahead – The Hives.

No comments:

Post a Comment