Saturday, September 29, 2012

The "Ugly Friend"

You know what really pisses me off?
Looks aren't everything! And I'm not just saying that.
You need to have Confidence (Cohen)!
If you call yourself the "ugly friend" then so will everybody else. Stop putting yourself down! If you can't see yourself for the amazing person you are how do you expect anyone else to?
No, we're not all blessed with Miranda Kerr and Jennifer Hawkins good looks, we can't all be brainiacs or comedians but that doesn't make you the "ugly friend." And by saying you're the "ugly friend" does not mean you're going to miraculously have an ugly duckling/caterpillar transformation and you'll suddenly be most wanted.
Life is what you make it.

I don't have a boyfriend or boys beating down my door but it's not because I'm the "ugly friend." It might be because I'm the "shy friend" and I don't put myself out there nearly enough but it also might be just because I haven't met the right guy at the right time yet.
The point is, it's not because I'm any less, or more, than any of my friends in any way. And if I don't get a boyfriend and end up with a guy then it's not because my friends are better than me for having that, it's because it's meant to be. I don't think I will end up all alone, at least I don't plan to and I have faith that I'll find someone, somewhere, someday (preferably British and bilingual, or at least European).
If the darling ex-boyfriend gave me nothing else, he at least gave me that faith. If 12year old me could find a guy who loved me (as much as one can as a teenager), 25 year old me will be fine.

Maybe that's the difference then. Maybe because I've had that 6 months of positive reinforcement and a couple of random hook ups since. Maybe it's how I was raised. Maybe it's just who I am.
All I know is it really bugs me.

Just accept yourself for who you are and one day you'll find someone who loves you for you.
There's someone out there for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment