Wednesday, September 05, 2012

22 Backyard and bedroom


This is a picture from my bedroom window. In the bottom corner you can see the neighbours washing line and you can also see the next hill across. We live on the hilly side of town and my room faces the rising sun. Lucky for me....I like sleeping in an my blinds don't do a good job of keeping the light out. 


So to detract from the horrible view from my room, here is my backyard. I love it. There has been so much work put into it. Dad laid the bricks and pavers and grass, and built the pagola. We bought that massive tree home in the back of the station wagon and mum has spent countless hours in the garden. My grandfather installed a water feature and lifted up the pavers and trimmed the roots that were lifting them. Its recently had a bit of a clean up, and the beginning of spring means all the grass is green and there are pink tassels on the tree. In summer the tree grows leaves which shade the house and in winter they fall, creating a goddamn mess but allowing any sun we get to warm up the house. I just wish we had more grass....

No comments:

Post a Comment