Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Day 24 - Favourite Book Turned Movie

Lord of the Rings without a doubt. I admire the detail and complexity of the book but to see that put onto the big screen in such an amazing way as those films did was mind blowing. I just...they're amazing. Theatrically the landscapes of New Zealand were perfect to encapsulate Middle Earth, the costumes were fantastic, the fact that all movies flowed so perfectly one on to the other (no doubt aided by the fact they were shot back to back), the near seamless merging of CG effects and normal filming, the stunt work, the sheer scale of people and places and animals those movies required.
If you havent seen the Lord of the Rings, as I know many people haven't, I strongly suggest you sitting through the 9 hours at least once. Even if the story isn't your thing, you can at least marvel at just how huge of a project it was. It's up there with Star Wars in my book, and the epicness of Harry Potter even if in my personal opinion the Harry Potter movies fall far short of the books

No comments:

Post a Comment