Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A movie alone

So I only fail in late submission. I did go and see a movie by myself today. I went and saw Moonrise Kingdom. Yesterday I had 2 assignments due and it was such a relief to take the afternoon off and go to the cinema. So after my lectures this morning i went off and bought tickets. I had about 2 hours to spare before the movie so I wandered around the shops and grabbed some lunch. It was very relaxing going at my own pace.
The movie was great too. This wasn't the first time I've been to the cinema by myself. The first time was when i went to see Black Swan. It's funny how the movies I have chosen to see by myself were more art house. I really liked this movie. It was simple, with earthy colours, dry humour, beautiful, quirky scenes. Essentially its about two early teens who fall in love and run away together. He is an orphan and scout and she is from a dysfunctional family. I can't really explain it....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eOI3AamSm8
It's kind of a hit or miss thing, either you like it or you don't. I liked being able to sit there and watch the movie without a friend whispering in my ear their opinions of the movie. I like being able to form my own opinion on the movie without the influences of others. I like spending time with friends, but i also like the time I have to myself. I had a great afternoon by myself and spent the night eating thai and watching a flick with the girls. Very relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment