Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Green with Envy

So i was going to do a post last night then realised it was the window one and i cant take a picture in the dark and completely forgot all about it and i forgot again today....but i'll at least do todays one, things that i envy of my friends.
I used to envy their skin. Most my friends have lovely skin and i managed to inherit the horrible blemishes. Like Zoe hardly waers makeup but i do everyday just because it gets so read any blotchy that i feel a little more comfortable with a bit of foundation on.
But I think a thing that i really envy that nearly all my friends have is a tight and functional family. A lot of them don't realise how lucky they are. Even when my parents were together they used to argue all the time and I don't have many memories of them being happy together. They don't have to lug stuff between houses and listen to each parent talk negatively about the other, they don't have to deal with the fact that their father cheated, or pressured into getting to know the girlfriend or live with a single parent. Everything is simple; family holidays, family dinners, the family routine.
There are a few plusses to  it all. If you argue with one parent, you can go to the other. Want friends over and dad says no, go to mum. Dad lives near the station, easy parking.
I dunno, it's they things that you take for granted that are the most precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment