Monday, September 03, 2012

21

So its really hard for me to pick a favourite composer let alone a classical song. It's like picking your favourite child. I am in love with the works by Michael Nyman. He is the one who wrote the music for The Piano. I have never seen the movie, but i have the soundtrack and I learnt one of the songs; The Heart Asks Pleasure First. And one day I will get around to learning My Big Secret. Comptine D'Un Autre Ete - L'Apres Midi and La Valse D'Amelie are songs i learnt by the composer Yann Tiersen. its just beautiful. Moonlight sonata is another song that i love playing, because although so simple, it can be so hard to get right with all the accents. But i will have to say that my favourite is Clair De Lune, by Claude Debussy. It was one of the first pieces of music that I found and learned because i wanted to, not because they were in a grade book. I started learning it, just hoping to be able to play the start of the song. I had had it on my ipod on repeat and i was just in love with the song. I never thought i would be able to play the middle bit, but i managed to learn it and play it at my year 12 valadictory. It was far from perfect, but it was the first time that i realised i could pick up sheet music for a song and know i could learn it if i tried. The first time i realised i had reached the level of playing i could be proud of. It is such a fun song to play, and i play it differently each time i play it. I am ashamed to say that i have actualy forgot some of it, so now i need to relearn it....

No comments:

Post a Comment