Sunday, September 09, 2012

Concert

So i haven't been to as many concerts as Zoe has. I really want to go to a festival. In particular Splendour in the Grass, but since I never have money to buy tickets, or travel all the way to Byron bay I just have to wait. So the first ever concert I went to was the wiggles. And the first one i can remember going to was the Hilary Duff concert. Yes, I was once a Hilary Duff fan, which was preceded by me being a S-club Seven fan. I was in year 5. My Aunt took my cousin and I for christmas. Things sure have changed. In year 11 Dad took us to the Living End concert. That was pretty cool, buy I wish I had listened to them a bit before I went because although I knew them all I couldn't remember the words and so I kinda failed trying to sing along. My favourites would have to be the most recent ones I had been to. In year 12 I was absolutely obsessed with Florence and the Machine. I mean I still love Florence, but this was when i was obsessed. I bought a T-shirt and everything. And she was amazing. It's always great when you see them live and they are just as good as on the CD. So the last one was this year, and if you haven't realised I am absolutely obsessed with Metric and they were playing at Splendour, which i couldn't make because I had compulsory Uni classes and lack of funds....But I couldn't miss my favourite band so I made sure I could make it to the side show! And Goldfields played as the support and were amazing. Never had i seen so much energetic on stage, 2 drummers, brilliant! Kind of puts my band to shame..The best thing about the last two concerts was they were smaller venues so you could get up right close and also perhaps because I chose to go because I loved, and still love the bands and not because someone else took me.

No comments:

Post a Comment