Thursday, November 01, 2012

Let's Drive

We're all over 18, the grand majority of us have our P's, and we drive places. Driving to said places we often carpool for all of the reasons carpooling was invented - save money, save petrol, convenience etc. The problem with carpooling is that, as someone who drives themselves around on a daily basis, you are putting your means of transport as well as your life in someone else's hands and trusting them to be capable.


I will be the first to admit that I am, by no stretch of the imagination, the safest driver in the world.
I speed on a daily basis, I (according to my mother at least) often drive too close to the car in front of me, I don't brake early enough and, because of where I live, I don't always stop at give way signs or roundabouts which is okay out in the country for the most part but is not so good in suburbia.

With all that in mind, I do not like driving with my guy friends. In fact, I am legitimately terrified and actively go out of my way not to drive with one of my friends in particular.
That's not to say all my guy friends' driving scares me, my best friend is quite a safe driver but I think it's more out of adoration for his car than anything else.

Maybe I'm being paranoid, I'm sure that, just the same as me, each of my friends know the limitations of their own car far better than I do but I feel that guys are just more prone to pushing the limits and eventually that'll end badly and, perhaps selfishly, I don't want to be there when it happens.


No comments:

Post a Comment