Saturday, November 10, 2012

Little Talks - Of Monsters and Men


"I don't like walking around this old and empty house
So hold my hand, I'll walk with you, my dear
The stairs creak as I sleep, it's keeping me awake
It's the house telling you to close your eyes."


I sometimes wish I was a songwriter but, considering I'm a shocking singer, maybe it's a good thing I don't write songs.

I admire the lyrics in songs more so than the beat or the rhythm and I know I'd never be able to write the music part so, again, songwriter is probably not a valid career path for me.

Regardless, when I hear songs like the ones I've posted here before (Wings - Little Mix, Wish You Were Here - Delta Goodrem, practically anything by Ed Sheeran) it makes me want to write songs. I suppose it all comes back to wanting to write something that hits someone, touches someone the way these songs/books/poems/plays touch me.

Up the top there is another song the lyrics of which I've fallen in love with. Little Talks is a song written in english by an Icelandic band. Songwriting skill added to my appreciation of anyone who speaks more than one language let alone writes anything in a language other than their mother tongue...it's no surprise I love this song. I'd recommend YouTubing it (though it's on the radio fairly often nowadays) and giving it a listen.

1 comment:

  1. Haha it's funny that you post about this song. I made a suggestion way back in a post to listen to it. It is about someone living in their house after their spouse has passed away. It feels like such a happy song despite its lyrics.

    ReplyDelete