Saturday, October 06, 2012

Not Secret-Keepers


My group of friends, we don't keep secrets. We just don't. And I love it. I love that our group is tight knit enough that we trust each other with our secrets. Or maybe it's because we don't have good enough secrets that require keeping. I'm gonna stick with the first one though, that makes me feel better.
It makes me laugh sometimes too, that our boys are just as much gossips as our girls but I wouldn't have it any other way. I love that everyone tells everyone everything and that no matter what, it all gets out eventually.
I know that it pisses some people off but to them I say: simple solution, if you don't want anyone to know, don't tell anyone.
It's pretty much common knowledge that, if you tell me something I'm going to tell my best friends and considering that there's 6 or 7 of the people in our group I consider to be my "best friends" that's a lot of people, not to mention they will then tell their best friend etc. That's not to say I can't keep a serious secret, if I need to because I can. If it's something important I keep it to myself.

At first I thought it was just the girls that noticed and were amused by it. The other night though, I was having a chat with one of my guy friends and a "secret" came up and I was going to tell him but he's like "I already know."
Me: *shocked* "how do you know?"
And he just looked at me, "come on, we don't keep secrets."
It made me laugh, it always does, that we all tell each other everything. I love it. Partly because I'm a gossip and partly because it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy that I have such an amazing group of friends who I trust completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment