Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Birdy

So I have been hearing Birdy this and Birdy that. Tv adverts for her CD, tracks used on TV, Aunt on facebook in favour, another girl i went to school with hating on her. This girl I went to school with wasn't a friend. To be she seemed like a stuck up bitch who just liked to bitch about people. I think half on it was making up for her short stature or that she was't the prettiest flower in the bunch but in her mind she needed to talk people down to make herself more popular. She hung out with the snobs and always has photos with her friends dressed up about to hit the clubs or whatever. I saw her as self centred and she probably saw me as the girl with thick unstyled hair with more acne than her, and therefor unimportant. It's people like her I keep on facebook, just to remind myself not to let my head get too far up my own ass....Anyway I'm drifting here, she was calling her Birdy a bitch saying she had ripped off Bon Ivers Skinny love. I don't know if she actualy listens to that kind of music because she strikes me as a mainsteam listener. So I listened to Birdy's version and I have to say I like it. As much as the original? Just as much. It is a beautiful song, and some of the others on the album are nice as well. 1901 isn't as great as the original, People help the People I like more than the original. I have nothing against this album. All but one are covers and she has made the best move in her career so far. It is really hard to crack into the music industry with originals, and even harder to get into the mainstream. So what better to release an album of covers that are far from the original to begin with? Playing in a band you learn things. One is that people take to covers much more readily than originals. They know them and will sing along. Now she is known all she needs to do is get a hit of her own. This girl from school is getting all worked up about people thinking Skinny Love is Birdy's song, when it is the audience that is getting mixed up. She should be calling all her friends wanks and skanks for not turning the radio over and listen to triple j. It's not Birdy's fault that people don't know who Bon Iver is....and while we are on the topic triple J has been playing her covers too....If anything I think Birdy's new album will get other artist recognised because people might seek out the originals after hearing Birdy. And on another note I just think this snob is jealous of someone who is more talented, famous and younger than her. If there is anything I would change is her stage name....I almost got confused with Little Birdy (look up their song brother)

No comments:

Post a Comment