Friday, October 26, 2012

Delta

Wish You Were Here - Delta Goodrem.


They told me who was in trouble 
I couldn't breathe on the other side of the world 
And there was nothing I could do to help you 
And it's true today it'd be your birthday 
It would've been your 27th year 
And I miss you in the earth's atmosphere 
I wish you were here 

The first time I heard this song, it came along with the interview with the Aussie Golden Girl herself, Delta Goodrem and before it even started I knew I'd like it. Not just because I'd had a pretty good history with Delta's music but because of what it's about. A close friend of hers died in a motorcycle in accident. 

She didn't write it alone but you can tell the feelings came from her. Even though I, personally, don't think it's her best musical/vocal achievement I do think that, lyrically, it is an amazing song. It's moving and touching and all the kind of things you want something to be when it's about such a personal thing as the death of a friend. 

Lyrically...I think it's exquisite. From the first line "I've been knock, knock, knocking at the thought of your door" to my favourite lines of the whole song (in bold above), right down to the very end when she whispers "I wish you were here" the words to this song are beautiful. 
It's an incredibly touching song and I'm honestly quite thankful to Delta for sharing something so personal.


And really, I think Delta is just a beautiful person. I think she deserves the title of Aussie Golden Girl, she's done a lot in a very short life and I just think she's lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment