Monday, October 08, 2012

Christmas

I know christmas is ages away still. But i had a dream about christmas last night and i've been thinking about it.
Every year i always felt bad because there were so many people i wanted to give gifts to and just didnt have the money. Now i have been working and have a lil more so spend but I'm not going to to buy gifts for all my friends just coz i can. This year I am going to give a little something to people that have meant a lot to me and have done a lot for me, and not because they had to, but because they wanted to.
There are a few people in my life that are the definition of selfless. When i started working at my current job, one of the ladies gave me her spare uniform, and then later on she paid for everyones drinks and staff night, which was over $600 worth. Our band manager puts in so much time and effort without expecting anything in return. He does everything for free because he enjoys it. Matt's mother is always finding excuses to give me gifts, and considering that they have been on 2 trips this year and my birthday was 2 months ago I feel spoilt. I have a small group of friends that i talk to and catch up with frequently, and not because I see them at group gatherings.
I'm sad to say, but it seems that my best friend for years has a new best friend on top of the boyfriend who takes up the rest of her time. I've tried making an effort. I haven't cracked the shits with her, partly because that isn't who I am, but also because I shouldn't have to. That doesn't mean I'm not going to stop trying. But I'm not going to let myself get upset about it anymore.
As friendships wean, others form. I don't know how Zoe feels, but I think that by writing this blog together, we have grown a little closer, and know each other a little more. I know some of our friends follow the blog from time to time, but whenever I write I never think anyone would be reading it but Zoe. We share interests in some areas, and in others we don't, but we don't feel the need to be like twins or call each other Biffles all the time. Zoe already has one of those (ironically it is the new best friend mentioned above). We were friends in high school, but never close friends. I don't think we ever shared a class together, at least in the later years. But now we have left school, we have somehow grown closer. I can't imagine what our relationship would be like if we hadn't gone to archery with some of the guys and decided to start a blog together. I remember standing around outside in the shade watching Gavin play with his bow and set up our blog using Zoe's phone. I stand by what I've said before. It's always good to try new things.
So I am sending a big thankyou out to all the people special in my life, and they know who they are, or at least they will at christmas time.

No comments:

Post a Comment