Friday, May 25, 2012

Ive worked out why I like one direction so much:

They're the last time I'm going to be able to "fall in love with" the hot new thing. The next time guys like them (like Justin Beiber, like Zac Efron, like Channing Tatumn) come around, I'll be too old for them :( Alas we have reached the age where we're pretty much stuck with what we've already got. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing (did anyone else almost die because of Ryan Gosling in Crazy, Stupud, Love?)

I know that I will hate myself when my my 1D phase is over but I just gotta get this out.

If you were ever wondering (or not wondering) just WHY I even like One Direction at all, I'm here to tell you.

1) It wouldn't be me without some superficiality. They're 5, young, gorgeous, 4 English and 1 Irish, lads which pretty much makes my xenophilic heart explode. Their accents are like heaven and their bodies are pretty nice too.

2) They can sing, at least I think so. There's a lot of hating out there about how "if they're such good singers how come they had to be put into a group to get through to X-Factor". Uh, I'd say it's because they had a better chance together (less competition for one) than they did alone and because, in all honestly, they were 16, 17 and 18 year old guys, you can't expect miracles from kids (and one technically adult, but I mean, have you seen Louis Tomlinson?)
Every time I hear them sing I change my mind on who's my favourite until I've finally settled on all of them because I think all of them have amazing voices, after all they were all individually good enough to make it through so that's got to count for something.

3) Did I mention the smiling thing? They make me smile, the stuff they say, their videos, the faces they pull, they're funny and they're cute and they just make my life happier for existing.

4) They're normal. I know everyone that's in the spotlight says they're normal but I actually think these boys are.
They cry, im almost positive there's footage of each of them In tears, not to say they're wimps or anything, they're just teenagers with emotions just like anyone else.
They get pimples, Liam can't live without clearisil, photos on their "days off" show acne prone skin, they miss their mothers and their families, they watch movies with their girlfriends, they drink and hang out with their (other) mates.

5) I just watched their documentary and they're so cute they made me cry, more than once. I know, I suck, but they're just this side of inspirational if you ask me.

6) Theres no...favouritism, there's no two of them are closer than any of the others, none of them are left out. At first, I thought Harry and Louis (They even have people "shipping" them: Larry Stylinson) were especially close, stand out from the others but there isn't. They are close, undoubtedly, but so are Liam and Niall, Louis and Zayn, Harry and Niall, Liam and Louis, Niall and Harry, Louis and Zayn, Niall and Zayn, Louis and Niall, basically all of them are so ridiculously close, as expected of course, but I love that. I love that despite their different ages, different upbringings, different interests, they are BEST friends. That is something to find inspiration in. 

7) They love music, they so obviously love it, it's unbelievable. They freaking sit in Harrys step-dad's bungalow or whatever (wtf is a bungalow anyway?), Niall with the guitar and they just sing. I mean, I dunno how much of it is for the camera...but it seems pretty legit to me. 

I remember when I didn't know what they looked like, didnt know who was who, couldn't pick out who was singing, couldnt pick who was who on radio interviews. Those were the days... now Harry's the background on my phone and their album is up there in my most played. But I like them so... 

No comments:

Post a Comment