Saturday, May 19, 2012

cards to politics....

I love playing card games, and learning card games and playing them over and over again. I'm not talking about Pokemon or anything. Just a simple deck of cards, 52 in a deck with two jokers chucked in, or skip-bo (i feel sorry for anyone who hasn't ever played that game... I don't like poker games as such either. I love games where you have to think, strategies, count cards. There is one game that i almost always end up playing with my mother and grandmother when she comes around. We call it Up the Creek. Its similar to phase 10, which we used to be obsessed with before we found this game. There something about sitting around the table, three generations of women, laughing and swearing at one another, that seems almost traditional. Its a three player game, and since my brother hates playing cards we can only really ever play when she's around (however sometimes i am able to rope my boyfriend into it). We love learning new games, but somehow we always end up playing that one game. I'm lucky that my boyfriends family like playing card games. When we went to visit his grandparents we spent the whole evening just playing cards and boardgames. I felt like i fitted in because i was able to pick up new rules easily, hold all my cards in one hand and teach them a few games of my own. I met someone that couldn't even remember how to play go fish, and when i tried to teach him he kept forgetting to put down his pairs and ended the game with a fist full of cards still in his hand. I felt sorry for him, and i dont know why. Many people dont like or play card games. they have other interests. I suppose in a way we constantly compare our own lives to other peoples. we consider normal to be what we like, know, do and are taught. It's a reason why we fight argue and hate our government. You cant please the majority without displeaseing the minority, who always seem to have the loudest voices. If the government dont please the minority then they are seen as greedy and selfish, but if they please only the minority.....well you get the picture...
It's such an easy thing to learn, and very sociable cards, ..maybe it can be seen that the government play poker, gambling, throwing chips here and there recklessly or just keeping them all to themselves, only taking sure wins, counting cards.... I don't know why i started writing a blog about card games, .....there seems no point, but i suppose there is a point. I now want to have a card night.

1 comment:

  1. "I'm not talking about pokemon or anything" -LOL
    though i really loved playing Yu-Gi-Oh (or however you spell it) when i was younger.

    I like how cards...became...politics, interesting transition.

    Card games are fun, i'm not every good at remembering the rules though.

    ReplyDelete