Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Importance of Being Earnest

I've been thinking a lot lately, about what's really important in my life, like what I seriously could not live without.

The obvious (obviously) comes to mind: my phone, my laptop, my car but they're all material things and I'm not superficial (really, I'm serious, I'm not).

I've decided that what is most important to me is my family, my friends and my pets and what I want to focus on here is said pets. They are very much something I could not live without, not so much my 3 goldfish (Jaws, Orcha and Sparkles) but my two dogs, Zak and Gypsie (and my not-yet existant, black kitty-cat Daisy, she's in my future and I know I will not be able to live without her) very much so.

The parentals are out at the moment, leaving me alone with the two dogs (and my fish) and they're just hanging out with me (the dogs not the goldfish). Gypsie's sporadically changing position on my bedroom floor and Zak is spreadeagled on my bed even then he barely takes up half a square foot, but the point is, I am not alone. I have Gyp sticking her big black nose in my lap every so often to make me giver her a pat and Zak trying to jump onto my lap as I'm trying to study.

I may call him stinky or a hairy nosed wombat and her big-bum or bitch-face but I am extremely grateful for my four legged friends, without whom I would be lonely and quite freaked out in this big, cold, dark house, all by my lonesome.

Possibly THE best photo of her I have ever taken.
Smile Gypsie-Rose Poppins!

Isn't he gorgeous?

No comments:

Post a Comment