Monday, December 17, 2012

It's All Too Real Now

For, I think, the first time in my life I'm in a situation where someone I know and care for (well two someones) is in a potentially life threatening situation.

Two of my friends are currently in Fiji, doors and windows barricaded as best they can and locked in a bathroom as Cyclone Evan bears down on them.

One of them I just saw a week ago, all bubbly and excited to go meet the other. I just hope I get to see them both again, relieved and glad to be home.

A part of me can't comprehend that anything might happen to them or that two of the girls I've known for half my life, won't come home again. Yet, another part of me knows all too well the havoc that is wreaked by our world's natural disasters.

Katrina. Sandy. Cyclones. Hurricanes. Tornados. Earthquakes. Tsunamis. Volcanos. Bush fires.




Good luck girls, stay safe
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment