Saturday, December 22, 2012


I went to Hannah’s gig at the Pakenham Hotel last night and it was really awesome, as always, the girls are amazing however, I couldn’t stay until the end because I had to get up early for work in the morning.

I left at about midnight, said goodbye to the friends and Hannah that were left and walked out to my car.

I’m not sure if this is the biggest insult to feminism since arranged marriage or just plain common sense but I couldn’t help notice none of my 3 guy friends offered to walk me out. I’m 99% sure that, had they been there, I have several male friends who wouldn’t have taken no for an answer and I have to admit, it would’ve made me feel better.

I know that it’s the 21st century and we’re all like “I am woman, hear me roar” and while I'm pretty sure that I'd be able to kick up enough of a fuss that [insert assailant here] would consider me too much work to bother with  we were in Pakenham on a Friday night after all and it was past midnight and dark at the pub and you just never know. On my way in just after 9, my friend and I had already seen a couple of guys getting sent off by security, which didn’t promote the best image for the good old Paky Hotel.

Obviously I made it to my car and home perfectly fine and I’m not hating on my mates for not being perfect gentleman or anything I just kind of wish they had been.

If Jill Meagher’s murder has taught us anything it’s that the world isn’t as safe as we think it is and unfortunately precautions need to be taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment