Sunday, April 07, 2013

Must love BFFLs

Sometimes I wonder if our relationship is the reason why we suck at guys.

We are freakishly close and, on occasion, seconds-from-crossing-the-line-close. We're one third old married couple, one third friends and one third twins-separated-at-birth. I know that most of our friends don't understand us, accept us for who we are and that our relationship is like that, yes, but get it? Certainly not. Sometimes even I think it's weird. It is weird but that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it. Despite the licking and the snuggling and the conversations about our future conjoining houses or our own farm and promises that no boy will ever come between us or separate us, that line is still very much there (it's the Great Wall of China of lines) and we remain very much on this side of it, no matter what everyone else thinks or says. We know how fine the line is and we're well aware of what it would take to cross it but we stay far away from such things and I do love you, probably more than anything.

We're not really the reason why our boy-relationships suck, because you have issues that have nothing to do with me and are completely different to my issues and my relationship failings have nothing to do with you. However, how close we are I think definitely has an impact because anyone who didn't like the other one of us and wouldn't put up with our relationship wouldn't be an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment