Sunday, September 18, 2011

Reminders of Some Not So Good Stuff

I always forget how deeply  seated racism still is in other countries, America for example. Or maybe it's just such a contrast to my own community, but I don’t think Australia is the country of multiculturalism for nothing.
It is just such an issue and every time it comes up, in TV, books, movies (and I'm talking modern stuff, not stuff from the 60s) it just baffles me. I don't understand. There's no difference between black and white or whatever and I just cannot comprehend how someone could prosecute a whole race of people just because. I mean, I know why I've studied it but still it's like my brain can't reconcile what I'm reading in history books with any form of logical reasoning.
 "Because they were different."
So? You're a boy, I'm a girl, we're different (okay, in hindsight probably not the best analogy) but the point is everyone is different, unique if you will, regardless of any of this other crap.

No one's better than any one else so we should all just be friends already, 'kay?

No comments:

Post a Comment