Sunday, September 04, 2011

A Crisis of Faith/A Rude Awakening


I think I'm having a crisis of faith, only I'm not too sure I can actually call it that. 
I don't follow any religion so it's not that kind of faith. It's the having faith in myself that's starting to falter. 
All my hopes and dreams are coming crashing down as I realise that I'm NOT as intelligent as I always thought, I can't just breeze through uni, getting into law is not going to be easy, I'm not really that good at French after all and I'm not as talented in languages as I always thought I was. 
I don't know how to get motivated to do any work (or maybe I've forgotten) so now I'm stuck in a kind of limbo between where I was and where I want to be.
 
Another thing that's thrown me off, I'm not actually a freakily amazing writer (the one thing above all others I really wanted). I'm good, that much is true, but chances are I won't get published one day, regardless of the fact that I can in actual fact write better than some of the published authors out there. And this, i wanted this more than anything else...but now I dont realistically think i ever will. 
Without law, without French, without my writing I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do with my life and that scares me. 
Uni sure has been a rude awakening, that's one thing they didn't tell you about it high school. 

2 comments:

  1. ROFL oh dear this happened to me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's like a quarter life crisis 5 years early!!!

    ReplyDelete