Sunday, March 17, 2013

Some things I hate...


I hate depression and suicide.

How generic, who doesn't?

The reason why I hate it is because I don't get it and so it scares me. I can't relate so how can I help? It's so far out of my realm of existence that I just can't contemplate how it could ever be that bad.

I guess that means I'm lucky, and I certainly consider myself such, but I just can't believe that these people have NO ONE who can help them out or that they can't help themselves.

If I don't have my friends or my family to help me through whatever, I have characters from books or movies, songs, a poem something that helps me get through whatever. Music mainly, I have 3 songs (so far) that always manage to get me out of my funk.

I Don't Need a Man - PCD

'I don't need a man to make me feel good
I get off doing my thing.'
I do, in fact 'have a man' now but I think my point still stands, he does not, and will not, define my life.


Wings - Little Mix

'Don't let what they say keep you up at night
And if they give you shhhh...
Then they can walk on by.'
Captain Jack Sparrow said it: sticks and stones, love.
If there is someone in your life who's giving you shit, get rid of them, I dont care who they are, they're not someone who cares about you.


Survivor - Destiny's Child 
'I'm a survivor
I'm gonna make it.'

Survival of the fittest, always remember, you were the fastest sperm (unless of course you were a testtube baby, in that case just remember how badly your parents wanted you).

So there they are, my go to when-I'm-feeling-down songs. Yes, look at that they're all girl groups, maybe I'm secretly a closet feminist, but there are lines in these songs that are like my mantras.

God, maybe I'm being insensitive, I don't know this is just how I handle things because this is how I was raised, as an independent woman with a loving family and friends who care about her who is lucky enough to not be able to comprehend how life could ever be bad enough to consider ending it.


No comments:

Post a Comment