Saturday, June 30, 2012

Mister Sandman, bring me a dream.



I dreamt about you last night. Even when I was asleep I knew it was a dream though.
Want to know why?
It wasn't some obvious dream thing like you were 50 ft tall or had rabbit ears or anything, you were being nice (and, in your defence, I was also not being a bitch).

We were just hanging out together. There wasn't any tension or awkward silences or snapping nor was there any flirting or thinly veiled references to our long gone relationship, we were just friends hanging out and hiking through my dream landscape over giant versions of the rocks from my fish tank...(that also clued me in to the whole 'dream' thing I'll admit). We just talked, about what I can't remember, but I know it wasn't anything life changing, just normal boring old life stuff. I can't remember the last time we spoke for more than 2 minutes (without a third party present), the last time we had a normal conversation about each other's lives.

Blah blah blah, whatever, I don’t want to care anymore.

I just find it interesting that that's what my subconscious decides to dredge up and create into my nightly entertainment, such that it is memorable enough to stay with me throughout the day not just in those few fleeting seconds after I open my eyes.


No comments:

Post a Comment