Thursday, October 03, 2013

Tricycle

I'm not sure how I feel about being the third wheel.

I mean it's never really been a big issue for me, I've been third wheeling for most of my relationships-are-real life and it was whatever. Now, I don't know. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

On the one hand, I'm happy my friends are happy and as long as I get to hang out with my friend (usually a 2 for 1 deal anyway), I'm happy. I get by with it. One of my best friends, if her and her boyfriend start kissing I just keep yammering until they stop and pay attention to me (little attention-whore, aren't I?). With one of my other best friends, I kept poking her in the back of the head every time she kissed her significant other when we were out at Trivia one night. Other friends I make kissy noises or just leave them to it dependent on my mood. 

On the other hand, not being the third wheel would also be nice but I can't expect my co-wheel to magically materialise into my best friend's lounge room for me so I can't really complain. Besides, I tried having a co-wheel and I've come to realise it's not something you can force (even though I probably should've known that before) so...Que Sera, Sera, that's my motto ("Whats a motto?" "Nothin'. What's a-matter with you?").

No comments:

Post a Comment