Sunday, October 13, 2013

IFF - Italian Film Festival

I went to the Italian Film Festival today and saw: Il Rosso e il Blu (the red and the blue) and Pazze di Me (Women Drive Me Crazy). They were both really good, Il Rosso e il Blu was a bit...depressing - think Freedom Writers or Coach Carter but without the happy endings. It also didn't end well, it just kind of...stopped. The main guy (the teacher) had incredible eyes though. It did have it's instances of comic relief that I've only found in European movies (almost slapstick but without the physical violence) but without a doubt, Pazze di Me was the comedy. It was about this guy who was the only male in his 7 female strong household (including the dog) and about how the crazy women in his life drove away every girl he brought home. Long story short, guy meets perfect girl, family drives perfect girl away, meets a new girl, she asks him to choose between her and the family, he chooses her, realises he's too noble for that, tells her to wait while he goes and fixes their lives once and for all, goes back to girl to discover she's gotten back with her ex, ends up with original perfect girl and moved out from living with his family. The soundtrack was awesome too. 

Anyway, both these movies were really good however there were two of them which roughly equates to 3 hours of Italian. As such, speaking English and hearing English around is messing with my head a little. Seriously, when I went down stairs before it took me a second to realise why I thought the tv sounded so weird. At the start of this post I was struggling to write in English which makes me happier than you can imagine. 

I'm really hoping this continues over into my Italian class and my test tomorrow though.

No comments:

Post a Comment