Tuesday, June 07, 2011

日本

It is strange the way we can adapt to different cultures. Never once would i have thought that after eating dinner, while sitting on the floor, i would fall asleep under the dinner table, that still had remnants of our meal and that had an inbuilt heater and warm blankets, while watching a japanese movie without subtitles. And before i went to Japan i would have laughed, but looking back at my photo that my host mother took it seemed like the most natural thing at the time. I keep that photo in my diary to remind me of how much i can change over just two weeks abroad. I want to be able to remember every single moment of that trip, no matter how novel they are. All i want to do is go back and do it all again. All you know and presume about the culture is forgotten once your there. It has inspired me to just want to travel the world. And not just in the holiday sense, but to actually spend time living within the culture. I don't want to just go to the tourist gift shop, i want to live as others do, see the world as they do. I think that if everyone did that, we would all be less prejudiced, and there would be more peace in the world. We don't need a treaty, or a genie to grant the wish of world peace. I really don't know how i got onto world peace, i think my mind is just full of a web of connections. All i did was open my diary.

No comments:

Post a Comment