Thursday, April 10, 2014

The Weird Me

So what inspired me to write this little post is my boyfriend asking me why not many of my friends would go see certain movies with me.
I've known for a long time that my friends think I am weird. Why? Because they tell me all the time. They think I like weird music and weird movies, and to generalise, weird things. Not many of them actually like the weird things I do like, which is ok because they have their own interest. But what saddens me is that they just assume when I suggest to do/listen/see something they haven't heard of before that it would be weird and they say no. 
I think my closest friends are the ones who give it a go. The ones who say why not? The ones who would see quirky movies like ruby sparks and Grand Budapest Hotel, and listen to a mixed cd of songs they may have never heard of, spend ages learning complicated board games, or cook weird things with weird ingredients for the hell of it, without pre judging. Maybe its because no matter what the activity is, it is the company you are in that determines the fun you are really having.
In the last year I have really found who my best friends are. Some have been around for a while, some are new, some are yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment