Saturday, April 05, 2014

Mistakes Have Been Made

On my quest to watch the entire IMDB listing of a particular actor I'm currently in love with I have, on occasion, come across some gems I probably would not have seen otherwise.

I've also watched some absolutely atrocious movies.

Immortals (2011) for example, don't. Just don't. Don't watch it. Not even the abundance of ridiculously over the top 300-esque ab shots can make that movie bearable. It takes a special kind of director/producer/writer/SFX team to do movies that involve Gods (especially Greek Gods) well. Immortals was not one of them. I had to watch Disney's Hercules to flush the awfulness out of my brain.

The Internship (2013) not bad. However, that may be because Dylan O'Brien is dude-of-the-moment and he was in it for like 2.3 seconds (okay like half the movie thankfully).

I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell (2009) when the opening scene is crazy sex...nope.

Zerophilia (2005) bizarre as fuck. Just...it was weird, okay?

Kingdom of Heaven (2005) could've been worse - Orlando Bloom + Crusades is enough for me.

Troy (2004) there was really no way I could've gone wrong with this one. Troy, historically inaccurate as it may be, is pretty ace.

What's Eating Gilbert Grape (1993) this movie is amazing. Johnny Depp's in it too, but it's 19 year old Leonardo DiCaprio that steals the stage. He's 19 and he's...amazing. This is before Titanic, before Romeo & Juliet and Inception and The Departed and The Great Gatsby and all the other amazing movies Leonardo DiCaprio went on to make (still no Oscar though, poor baby Leo). This was the start. Watch this movie. Seriously, just do it.

Despite the absolutely appalling movies I've subjected to myself to, I'm not stopping now. I have Dylan O'Brien's IMDB page to work through. Come at me!

No comments:

Post a Comment