Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Life Experience - No Regrets

So, at the start of this month I officially had my first (and hopefully last, though I'm not making any promises) "I drank so much, I threw up" experience.
I'm slightly mortified because A) I made a fool of myself, B) I threw up at my friend's house who I haven't seen in ages (the only saving grace being that his parents weren't home), C) I'm pretty sure I said (and most probably did) some things I really shouldn't have…

However, I strongly believe, and always have, that it is one of the Rights of Passage of growing up; a drunk and/or random hook up, throwing up from drinking too much, having a bitchin' hangover, going to work hung-over, playing a drinking game, drunk dialling and/or drunk texting, etc etc.
I did a fair few of those things a few weeks back and topped the whole experience off with a detour via Maccas on the way home.

Despite the fact that my memory (and my best friend) keeps reminding me of a seemingly endless list of the cringe worthy things I did and/or said I'm glad that night happened with all its events exactly as they were. It was a learning experience that I am glad I had. I don't feel like I'm being left behind by my friends anymore as they enjoy their Uni/18 year old life styles. That's not to say I did this to "fit in" with them or anything because I didn’t, not at all. I did it because I wanted to, and because I did want to I can't bring myself to regret it one bit. 

I had fun, I enjoyed myself with my friends and that's all that matters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment