Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Je T'aime, Ma Cherie

So, I'd say we're officially "back together" even though this boy issue came at the worst possible time ever, but as you said, pretty much the story of our life, we have alarmingly similar taste and it took us all too long to realise it.

But, silver lining, if we've gotten past this, all the while trying to navigate what's left of our "rough patch" I'm pretty sure we'll be able to deal with anything, come hell or high water.

I often swing between the "we've been through so much together this is nothing" side of the spectrum over to the "for the love of God, how were we ever friends at all?" side. For now I'm at the former. I'm not freaking giving up now, what a waste of time and effort that would be. Besides, you don't get to have long lasting friendships without struggling through some stuff.

Our friendship doesn’t have to be the "speak everyday, see each other all the time, tell each other all our secrets" one that it sort of used to be…we've been through that. We grew up together. That's important to me. We went through all those big, life changing things together, that's worth fighting for. You can't recreate those memories with new people. They're once in a life time and I shared them with you.

We've had our "space" and "had our time apart", then we "got to know each other again" though not all that much has changed really. We started spending time together again and now we're good as new. Only now I have to contend with another in your affections but it's about time anyway.

You've got to be some form of ridiculously important to me, you're pretty much the story of my blog.

You have a toothbrush that lives in my bathroom, if that's not the sign of a lasting relationship then I don't know what is.

Also, we have a sometimes hilarious, sometimes annoying drunk dialling relationship and there's no way I'm gonna give that up. 

We're gonna be tri-lingual soon babe, here's a taste.

I love you.
Je t'aime.
Ti amo.

No comments:

Post a Comment