Monday, March 28, 2011

You Were Perfect♪

It's quite sobering growing up an realising your family isn't perfect. 
Your mother, your aunts, your grandmother, the people you looked up to, they have flaws, they're not perfect, they have issues.
It's daunting to realise that your role models aren't as perfect as you always thought…that maybe you have to learn how to do this on your own, that it's okay to make mistakes, they have and they're okay.

It still sort of blows my mind that my mother doesn't know everything, she isn't some mystical all-knowing being 'with eyes in the back of her head'. She's just a normal person. There are some things even she has to Google, some things she can't help me with, things she doesn't know about or understand.

I wish I was a little kid again when everything was perfect, my role models were perfect, there was no one better than my mum.

Perfection
(per-fek-shun)
- noun
* the state or quality of being perfect, without fault
~ZoHan dictionary~

No comments:

Post a Comment