Wednesday, March 16, 2011

♪Give a little whistle.

I love how old people whistle.

Like they just walk down the street whistling and I think it's freaking awesome. No one whistles anymore.
Our generation have our iPods plugged in and we song along in a barely audible murumur ignoring everyone else.

Maybe the reason why I love whistling so much is because my Nonno (that means grandfather in Italian for those of you who don't know) used to whistle all the time, especially when he used to take me up the street to get ice cream when my brat of my cousin was taking his nap. Nonno doesn't whistle anymore, he can't really remember much these days, least of all his grand children.

Our grandparents' generation had to create their own music. Either the technology didn't exist or it was too expensive or it wasn't readily available.
I remember when I learnt to whistle. One trip up to Sydney to visit my mother's family and my grandfather taught me to whistle and I whistled the whole drive home, driving my parents insane.

It's amazing how much can change in one generation, just think, what will our children, our grandchildren be doing?

I miss the whistling.

Come on people, be like Pinocchio and ♪give a litle whistle♪

No comments:

Post a Comment