Monday, February 13, 2012

I don't wear makeup.


It’s not because I think I’m so beautiful I don’t need it, because I doubt any woman does.

I am well aware that makeup does make me look prettier, it makes my blue eyes *pop*, it makes my skin look smoother, it makes my lips look fuller.

I don’t wear makeup partly because I’m lazy and I don’t think it’s worth the extra 15-20 minutes in the morning but mainly because I don’t believe I should have to alter my appearance to impress you.
I don’t believe that in order for a guy to ask me out or hit on me I need to have thick black eyelashes, shimmering eyelids, accented eyes, a flawless complexion and sparkling lips.

If you’re going to love me, I want you to love me for who I am not for who I make myself up as.

That’s not to say I never wear makeup because I do, on special occasions, my Deb, year 12 Formal, Valedictory, the occasional birthday party or nights out, a christening or confirmation.

I just think that a much better picture of who I am is trackies, a singlet, bright coloured socks and wet hair watching T.V. at home on a Saturday night than dressed to the nines, all made up and out at 1am on a Friday night.

Eventually I’ll find someone who appreciates that and he is the one I’ll dress up for, put in the effort for. 
One day.

No comments:

Post a Comment